The essence of Scotland, a compelling mix of traditional and modern, is captured in the newly updated Green Guide Scotland
, from the Highlands’ heathered hills to Edinburgh and Glasgow’s vibrant urban scene, to the Border area’s picturesque landscapes. Discover lochs and mountains, bagpipes and tartans, whisky, adventure sports, and Michelin-starred restaurants.
Through its star-rating system, driving tours,
recommendations of great places to stay and eat, colorful maps and suggested activities, this guide helps you discover all Scotland’s treasures.
- “Inspiration” section for travel ideas to incorporate travelers’ interests for genealogy, history, urban and cultural attractions, outdoor fun and adventure sports, shopping, spas and family activities.
- Practical information divided into two sections: “Before You Go” and “On Arrival” for quicker reference.
- Attractions reviewed / rated, using Michelin’s famed star-rating system.
- Multiple Michelin walking and driving tours for more in-depth, up-close discovery of areas and regions.
- Comprehensive, fully illustrated chapters on modern-day Scotland, its history, traditions, nature and gardens, architecture, food and drink (including whisky), art and culture, all written by experts in their fields.
- Sidebars throughout the guide on varied topics such as the Stewart kings, the royal game of golf and Rob Roy MacGregor.
- Detailed visitor information given for every attraction―opening hours, entry fees, tour times, phone, website.
- Walk-throughs of major museums, churches and attractions.
- Michelin area and city maps to help visitors find their way.
- Practical advice includes information on getting around, an events calendar, plus hotel and restaurant recommendations for a variety of budgets.
Michelin Green Guides feature comprehensive travel information for advance trip planning and on-site decisions.
Comparative Titles for Scotland:
The Michelin Scotland Road and Tourist Map No. 501 to help you navigate and plan your route around the country.
The MICHELIN Guide Great Britain & Ireland is the definitive resource for carefully researched, objective recommendations to 2,000 restaurants, from gastropubs to luxury restaurants and 1,150+ hotels from intimate guesthouses to lavish hotels. Anonymous inspectors use the famed Michelin food star-rating system to create a substantive selection of restaurants across the British Isles, offering a diverse choice for all budgets. Visitors can craft a memorable trip by relying on the recommendations in this annually updated guide with its descriptive symbols and helpful maps.
Our famous one, two and three stars identify establishments serving the highest quality cuisine – taking into account the quality of ingredients, the mastery of technique and flavors, the levels of creativity and, of course, consistency. In addition, the Bib Gourmand symbol (also known as the inspectors’ favorites) highlights restaurants offering good quality at a good value. Bib Gourmands are awarded for great food under £28 or €40.
Er zijn nog geen beoordelingen.